600X (V) Video Issues

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 16:08:45 UTC 2006

Chris Schumann wrote:
> I've got a ThinkPad 600X with FC6 installed. Video mostly works.
>
> The video chip is the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256ZX (NM2360) with 4MB VRAM.
>
> First: The Gnome task bars display garbage when I set them to any level of
> transparency. They work fine when solid. FC5 did not have this issue.

Please file this against xorg-x11-drv-neomagic in bugzilla, and attach
the output of 'xdpyinfo', and the output from running 'xwininfo' and
then clicking on either panel.

IIRC, there's some crazy pseudocolor emulation code in the neomagic
driver that could easily be broken.

> Second: After a suspend/resume, the consoles are garbled. It's as if there's
> a loose video cable, but weirder. FC5 did exhibit this problem. I can post a
> picture if it will help.

It would.  Sounds like the palette isn't getting restored on resume, but
I would have expected the server core to take care of that.  Hm.

- ajax