I think, rsh is quite obsolete

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Wed Nov 8 11:08:51 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 11:50:51AM +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:

> I think, It's no argument to include rsh in next versions of fc/rhel.
> OpenSSH could successfully substitute this component. SSH is more secure
> than rsh and has all features of rsh. Do you think anything else??

Don't break traditional UNIX compatibility when there is no good
reason to do so.  Rsh and friends (rexec, rcp) are used in more
legacy UNIX scripts than you think.

I don't know or these are part of POSIX.* or some Open Group standard
(I don't think so, as these commands originates from the BSD-world).

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>