wireles

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Nov 11 10:31:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 10:03:24AM +0100, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> the Intel 2100/2200 cards have in-kernel drivers (supported by Intel)
> but you need to get some firmware (hopefully that can go into Fedora
> proper soon, the license terms are matching with the Fedora requirements
> afaiks)

Are (external) 2200-based PC Cards sold by Intel and/or OEM'ers?

I know them only as built-in/mini-PC cards on Centrino-based laptops
(they work fine, also using stock RHEL4 with firmware added) and, given
the rest of your answer, they seem to be the best choice when looking
for a stable, well-supported 54 Mbps card.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>