Testing Fedora - small (?) suggestion.

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Sun Nov 12 15:08:51 UTC 2006

> In fact,  for this next development cycle, I'd like to
> change how the boot.iso and such  work for rawhide, in that it doesn't
> KNOW about any packages, rather it just  has core and extras as
> preselected remote repositories.  This way you can use  a good
> combination of kernel and anaconda to install day after day after day,
> and rawhide becomes nothing more than a createrepo call.

As a matter of fact, [for the time being] the "rescue" image and also the
installation media of "FC6" do actually allow you to carry out an "http"
install from the current "rawhide" tree. The difference to "boot.iso" is
that "stage2.img" is already included which seems to avoid the standard tree
date mismatch message. After a fresh "rawhide" install as of 2006-11-11
[IPV4 is broken right now in current "anaconda"], I also tried out the "FC5"
image for this purpose, and even here, everything went smoothly up to the
point where the final confirmation was required [I aborted the install
procedure at this moment deliberately but I am confident that it would have
proceeded successfully].