[RFE, Patch, Multi-lib] 32bit support /usr/bin/firefox

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Nov 12 16:46:11 UTC 2006

Gilboa Davara wrote:
>> In any case, merging our patches would be a moot point, because it wont
>> be accepted into Fedora.
>
> Point taken.
>
> ...One question though, if there's no way to use it (32bit firefox), why
> the !@?#^?#^ are we installing it in the first place?
>
> - Gilboa

I'm pretty annoyed by this as well.  So I am soon submitting an
alternative short-term solution to Extras.

The real solution is to make browser plugins run out-of-process.  This
would have tremendous benefits to us in the long-term.  I am skeptical
however that it will happen in a timely manner.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com