Testing Fedora - small (?) suggestion.

Horst H. von Brand vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl
Sun Nov 12 16:27:26 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 11 November 2006 10:21, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > Question: Can pungi be used to auto-create the ISOs?
>
> Cron is your friend.

> Missing deps isn't the problem, its the actual functionality of the
> installer, or of the packages being installed.  These are harder to test
> automatically, and harder to fix without a freeze in place.

What about creating a "minimal daily (weekly, ...) rawhide CD", with just
enough stuff to check that the installer (and the suchly installed system)
works? I.e., kernel(s) and related stuff, perhaps up to X and Gnome? No
fancy alternatives, etc. That way the risk of massive breakage is lower,
and the result is easier on downloaders and testers.