debuginfo issues

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Wed Nov 15 09:54:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:28:32PM +0100, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> I don't see any libstdc++-debuginfo packages, and am wondering... why?

gcc-debuginfo.

> rpmbuild -ba boost.spec

> + /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/boost_1_33_1
> 0 blocks
> find: /var/tmp/boost-1.33.1-root/usr/lib/debug: No such file or directory

Most probably your Makefiles or spec stripped everything before reaching
debuginfo generation or wasn't even compiled with -g.
Make sure you don't strip anything you want debuginfo generated for
and that is has been compiled with debug enabled (-g is among RPM_OPT_FLAGS,
so if the package honors that, it shouldn't be any extra effort).

> I'm looking for some documentation on this stuff and am coming up empty
> handed. I don't see any consensus in the kernel.spec or gcc41.spec
> files, and no trail of obvious tricks either. I see that the

Don't look at kernel.spec or glibc.spec for debuginfo details, these
two packages build debuginfo specially on their own.  But AFAIK
all other packages use the standard thing.

	Jakub