X in FC7

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Thu Nov 16 14:08:34 UTC 2006

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:
>
>> There's only one xterm as well; for example, nobody else has Tek4014
>> emulation (useful for legacy apps).  Also, xterm is lighter weight than
>> gnome-terminal.
>
> And it works, which is more than could be said about gnome-terminal for
> quite some time (I asmit that I do not know the current state of vte,
> for lack of interest).

I'd agree with that assessment, although I do prefer more advanced
terminal emulation app than what xterm provides, so I use konsole (even
when using GNOME).

gnome-term could take some lessons from konsole IMHO, although konsole's
pulldown menu structure and overall option UIs could use work.  IMHO,
konsole is the most functional and bug-free terminal, at least so far
as my own usage cases.