compiz unresponsoive under heavy load

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Fri Nov 17 06:59:03 UTC 2006

Am Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:34:40 +0100
hat Christian Nolte <ch.nolte at fh-wolfenbuettel.de> (Christian Nolte)
folgendes geschrieben:

Hi,

> Perhaps the information from this thread solves the unresponsiveness
> for you:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-October/msg03990.html
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-November/msg00034.html

thanks for your info,
but recompiling the kernel is not a solution for me. In my office i
have a 3.3 Ghz P IV with HT. When i copy from dvd to hd, X is not
usable.

It was ever a Problem for X, especially for openGL applications, to
act smoothly when you have hd activity, but no reaction is a new
feature.

I do not want to solve it with recompiling a kernel. That things i do
years ago. I thought fedora works from the box.

So for me compiz is a nice gimmick, but not more.

--
Nine (not 9)
Never trust a hippie