Progress reports of my students fixing bugs

Matt Davey mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 10:18:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 21:14 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> About a week ago I announced I wanted some relatively easy to fix bugs
> to use in a lab lesson for students to teach them / let them practice
> with systematical fault searching.
>
> Many thanks to those who posted bugs, although I did find the response a
> bit lacking. Since I want to continue with these lessons next week and
> need a few new bug here is a progress report on the bugs which I gave to
> my students:

What an excellent idea.  I missed your original posting, but I think I'd
have enjoyed being a student in your classes!

You may be aware that gnome.bugzilla has a 'gnome love' keyword for bugs
that should be tractable by newcomers.  The idea is for maintainers to
use the label for bugs that they're willing to help volunteers to fix.

Matt

Matt Davey     Why is it difficult to find men who are sensitive, caring and
mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk 	good looking?  -  They've all got boyfriends already.