CVS is busted

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 21 07:00:42 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 11/19/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > On 11/18/06, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Bottom line, this sucks but we're working on it.  Should be up and
> > > better than ever by Monday.
> > >

> > Buhhh, late monday.
> >
> >              -Mike
> >

> We've got the box, restores are happening as we speak, 48G restored so
> far.  I'll be restoring the ssh-host keys last so if you're still
> getting ssh mismatch errors... its not ready to be logged into.

Alrighty then, new box is up.  The following service should be working
(if they are not, let me know immediately)

legacy - cvs
extras - cvs
fedora - cvs
dist (copy) - cvs
docs - cvs
font - cvs (whatever that is)
viewcvs

Services known NOT to work
git (needs a new chroot but no data loss)

Services in ????:
There were a number of web services on the box that were never
properly configured in the first place.  Let me know if there are
services taht don't work now that did before the crash.

AFAIK we had no actual data loss except for commits that happened
after the last backup and before the failure (which was bout an 8 hour
window or so with 10 commits.  I believe warren is going to contact
these people or already has).

I'll be working on getting the git repo back up tomorrow morning and
will need someone to test, any volunteers please contact me.

CVS is a very strange box in that many people have access to make
changes on it (and they do) it could take a while before we get every
service back online but we're doing well.

Please contact me (or admin at fedoraproject) with any issues or bugs,
we'll get to them soon.

                   -Mike