CVS Restored, Help Needed in Verification

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 15:32:10 UTC 2006

Sometime Early Friday, November 17th we suffered some kind of
catastrophic multi-disk or SCSI backplane failure accompanied with
filesystem corruption in cvs.fedora.redhat.com.  Thanks to volunteer
efforts of Fedora Infrastructure and tremendous help from Red Hat IS/IT,
we are now nearing restoration of cvs.fedora.redhat.com from a backup on
a powerful new server graciously donated by Dell.

We are restoring from a backup that began November 16th, 2006 at 8:01PM
MST (Friday, November 17, 2006 at 03:01) and finished 100 minutes later.
  Because this backup is not an exact snapshot, it is possible that
checkins that happened after 8:01PM are already in the restored data.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2006-November/date.html
We require your help to verify that all checkins are properly in
/cvs/extras and everything generally is working as expected.  Please pay
careful attention to everything that changed in November 16th and 17th
according to the mailing list archive.

My personal records indicate that no CVS imports happened after this
backup, so we are fine in that regard.

PACKAGE OWNERS - especially kevin, corsepiu, remi and qspencer are to
verify and fix their own CVS modules, or explicitly identify someone
else to do it on their behalf.

EVERYONE ELSE - please keep an eye on CVS.  SCREAM LOUDLY on
fedora-extras-list if you see anything that is wrong.

Sorry about any inconvenience or disruption that this unexpected problem
may have caused.  Everyone owes a beer to the Fedora Infrastructure and
Red Hat IS/IT teams. =)

Thank you for supporting the Fedora Project.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com