SUG: RPM database verification / repair, nightly and in Anaconda

Joachim Frieben jfrieben at freesurf.fr
Fri Nov 24 17:35:05 UTC 2006

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-devel/2006-November/001862.html

https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-devel/2006-November/001849.html

> Jonathan.

It might be worth reminding that in the current context, the issue appears
to be kernel dependent and related to disk I/O traffic. The corruption
then is a consequence of repeated system freezes during "rpm" transactions
[kernel package rev. 2835 of "fc6-updates-testing" is the only one since
my switch to "FC6" and recent "rawhide" which allows me to reliably avoid
these problems].