FC6 on a HP DC7700

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 00:41:21 UTC 2006

On 11/23/06, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at fenrus.demon.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 19:06 +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I just put my hands on a shiny HP DC7700, a Core 2 Duo based PC, but I
> > can't boot the installer because it hangs right after detecting
> > keyboard and mouse (PS/2)
> >
> > Does anyone experienced similar issues?
>

> try nmi_watchdog=0
>
> another thing to try is disabling USB PS/2 emulation in the bios...

Thanks Arjan, but this voodoo spell did not work...

What I determined so far is:

* boot stops earlier if I do not pass acpi=off
* wioth acpi=off boot stops after PS/2 mouse and KB recognition
* I can proceed further by either adding noapic or by switching to USB
mouse _and_ keyboard ( can not find any setting in the bios for
disabling PS/2 emulation).

I could do a more detailed report on monday, when I will get back at work.

FWIW, I could not boot also with the Linux Firmware Kit cdrom I have
around here, not even with the "safe" mode.

I guess this is going to be tricky installation...