Equivalent of debootstrap for Fedora

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:50:13 UTC 2006

2006/11/27, Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org>:
> Hi,
>
> As a Fedora Extras contributor, I would like to install parts of rawhide in a
> chroot (I currently run FC-5, and will upgrade to FC-6 soon).
>
> I know that I can install it with Anaconda, in a partition of my disk. But I
> would have prefere to do it without rebooting my computer.
>
> Is there a tool, similar to Debian's debootstrap, that allows to install a
> version of Fedora in a chroot? In a way, mock has this feature. Is there a
> practical way to use parts of mock code to do it?

You just answered it: mock

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/MockTricks

(see bottom of file)

Alternatively, install Rawhide as a Xen guest? I have not tried this,
since the last time I checked the Xen host kernel does not do ACPI.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
                -- Christopher Morley