Bluez packages in FC6

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Oct 1 19:36:31 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 16:17 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> None of the above works for me.  I can get gnome-bluetooth to see the
> phone, but it never asks for a pin, etc.  And as a result, they don't
> stay paired for more than 60 seconds.

gnome-bluetooth doesn't actually do anything useful, does it? What were
you trying to do?

For dialup, you want /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf set up to
bind /dev/rfcomm0 to the phone in question, then you just use it with
the normal ppp scripts.

For synchronisation of addressbook, calendar, etc. you want multisync.

For placing and receiving voice calls you want Asterisk and
chan_bluetooth.

> I once got a bluetooth mouse to pair.  But alas, it's scroll wheel
> didn't work,

Interesting. File a bug, show hcidump output when you were using the
scroll wheel.

> and I had to do some non-obvious cmdline stuff to even get it detected
> in the first place.

Yeah, getting nice point-and-drool tools would be nice. They're coming
along, slowly.

--
dwmw2