Compiz not installed by default?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 2 14:39:36 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Lun 2 octobre 2006 16:23, Denis Leroy a écrit :
>> Gianluca Sforna wrote:
>
>>> please count this as a +1 to the install by default to compiz
>>>
>> -1 for me, still too many issues.
>
> Does it work with nVidia users with the FLOSS nv driver ?

No. It would just fall back to using Metacity. Just to clarify, I am
asking for compiz to be considered for installation by default so that
its not easily enabled for those with the hardware that is supported by
the stock Xorg drivers. There are known issues with this configuration
so it shouldnt be enabled by default.

Rahul

Rahul