Compiz not installed by default?

Kristian Høgsberg krh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 19:24:52 UTC 2006

Avi Kivity wrote:
> Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
>>
>> We've been working quite a bit on integrating compiz, so that there
>> should be
>> no 'black magic' involved.  If compiz works on your hardware with the
>> drivers
>> that we ship, it should be just a matter of enabling it.  If you require
>> further workarounds to get it to work with the open source drivers,
>> please let
>> us know so we can incorporate these in the default setup.
>>

> On my machine (i965) I get white windows on a black background, e.g. I
> can drag some white rectangle and get the wobbly window effect, but all
> windows are solid (if wobbly) opaque rectangles.

Sounds like either your mesa-libGL or your xorg-x11-server RPM is too old.
The opcodes for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap were recently updated, and if
libGL and your server disagree on these values, white windows is what you will
get.  I did add Conflict:'s to the RPMs to prevent this, but maybe that didn't
work.  I have a i965 here that works with todays rawhide; can you try to
update these two packages and see if that works for you?

Thanks,
Kristian