Xfce 4.4 call for testing

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 20:55:02 UTC 2006

On 10/2/06, Kevin Fenzi <kevin-redhat-devel at scrye.com> wrote:

> >> You are using fc5? or devel?
> >>
> >> If you are using fc5, change the 'development' in the baseurl to
> >> '5'.
> >>
> >> Thats what looks to be happening here... the devel packages won't
> >> install on fc5. ;)
> >>
> >> kevin
> >>

> Arthur> Things are still erroring out.
>
> Arthur> Current baseurl: http://www.scrye.com/xfce-4.4rc1/5/RPMS
>
> Rats. Basically those are all the packages that no longer exist in
> 4.4, so have been Obsoleted. Unfortunately, since they do still exist
> in the extras repo, it finds the old packages instead of paying
> attention to the Obsoletes.
>
> Does it work if you add a '--disablerepo=extras' to your command line?
> (Then it won't see the old versions of those packages).
>
> kevin

yum install fortune-mod # dep needed from Extras

yum --disablerepo=extras --exclude=xfce4-xmms-plugin install  "*xfce*"

Install     56 Package(s)
Update       1 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 20 M

Currently downloading, will give it a try when I physically get to the machine.

Peace
--
Fedora Core 5 and proud