Xfce 4.4 call for testing

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 3 19:59:05 UTC 2006

> yes, this is what upstream wants. If you run nautilus, it will take
> over and you will have to re-run xfdesktop if you want it to take back
> control. I guess the reasoning is that it has no way of knowing which
> one you want to control the desktop, or way of detecting when
> something like nautilus is finished.

Indeed. But this shouldn't be that way, there should be some collaboration
among desktop managers. Not something relevant here, though.

> I can enable it for Terminal, but exo doesn't have an editor or File
> manager pref I don't think.

For the file manager it doesn't matter, since thunar is rightly pulled
as a dependency and is tightly associated with xfce.

> In older Xfce they were set to other apps, like openoffice for
> editor. :(

That's equally bad. What about 'xterm -e vi' ;-). This should certainly
be reported upstream.

My personal opinion would be to add mousepad and Terminal Requires to
the panel in the mean time.

> The only remaining package needed I think is xfce-dev-tools, which is
> under review now. (Thats needed for some of the plugins).

That's strange. Why is it needed? It's only a bunch of autoconf
macros... For which package is this needed?

--
Pat