gaim FC6 needs testing

Nathan Grennan fedora-devel-list at cygnusx-1.org
Thu Oct 5 06:22:49 UTC 2006

Warren Togami wrote:
> http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/gaim/
>
> Please help me to test this latest build of libsilc and gaim which
> should theoretically multilib conflicts (and some transparent panel
> patch added by mclasen.)
>
> Err... I'm not sure if it does fix the multilib conflicts.
>
> I especially need to know if gaim plugin packages build properly
> against this new gaim-devel and libsilc-devel.  Please test rebuilds
> of gaim-* plugins in Extras and test those binaries.
>
> Thanks,
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

  Though it is fairly late in the process, I have to bring up the
question of the wisdom of moving to gaim 2.0.0beta for the FC6 release.
I used 2.0.0beta for a number of weeks a few months ago, and after I got
over the fun of running the latest I found over I liked 2.0.0beta less
than I liked 1.5.0, and went back to 1.5.0. On top of that it is still
beta, and has been for a while. Development has been slow. So I wouldn't
expect a final release before FC6. I also just read they are hoping to
have a beta4 last weekend, but seemed to have slipped on that date.