gaim FC6 needs testing

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Oct 5 14:17:01 UTC 2006

Nathan Grennan wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>> http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/gaim/
>>
>> Please help me to test this latest build of libsilc and gaim which
>> should theoretically multilib conflicts (and some transparent panel
>> patch added by mclasen.)
>>
>> Err... I'm not sure if it does fix the multilib conflicts.
>>
>> I especially need to know if gaim plugin packages build properly
>> against this new gaim-devel and libsilc-devel.  Please test rebuilds
>> of gaim-* plugins in Extras and test those binaries.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Warren Togami
>> wtogami at redhat.com
>>
>  Though it is fairly late in the process, I have to bring up the
> question of the wisdom of moving to gaim 2.0.0beta for the FC6 release.
> I used 2.0.0beta for a number of weeks a few months ago, and after I got
> over the fun of running the latest I found over I liked 2.0.0beta less
> than I liked 1.5.0, and went back to 1.5.0. On top of that it is still
> beta, and has been for a while. Development has been slow. So I wouldn't
> expect a final release before FC6. I also just read they are hoping to
> have a beta4 last weekend, but seemed to have slipped on that date.

This particular decision was done with the understanding that 2.0.0
final would not be available before FC6 final.  We thought that it would
be more valuable to have public exposure of gaim 2.0.0 in order for
upstream to polish it more before the final release.  beta3 was known to
be working reasonably well (not many crashes) for a while before pushing.

gaim 2.0.0 beta4 and final will be pushed to FC6 updates when they
become available.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com