concerning X freeze recurring

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Fri Oct 13 13:28:59 UTC 2006

fre, 13 10 2006 kl. 22:01 +0900, skrev Warren Togami:

> This problem has been especially frustrating because...
>
> 1) It cannot be reproduced easily on demand.  Sometimes I can go days or
> even weeks without it happening.
> 2) When the deadlock happens, no methods seem able to get any debug
> information.
>
> How useful is this kind of bug report?  Not very. =(

Better than none at all, at least the developer can advice on ways to
narrow down the cause and when other people search bugzilla (if ever)
they will be able to CC themselves to the bug and potentially help track
it down.

> Has anyone else noticed this lockup with Radeon 7500 happen only when
> moving the mouse?

I will promptly replace my 9600 XT with my 7500 card, are you running
any modifications on the out of the box FC6 X configuration I might want
to apply to reproduce it?

- David