firefox slow when saving to disk

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Sun Oct 15 13:05:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

So recently we have no choice anymore between mozilla and firefox. So I gave in
and started using firefox....

This on rawhide from october 7. Firefox is firefox-1.5.0.7-6.fc6.i386.rpm.

Now I have just 2 big issues:

- when I want to save a file it takes ages to complete and in the meantime firefox
  is using 100% cpu and does note repsond for a while.
  As an example the following link: http://www.mazda.nl/page.asp?sPageID=400,400,000
  Just klik on one of the links. It will open an new new tab/window. After a while
  the downloads window appears. Downloading itself seems to go fine but at the end
  of the donwload, the last second to go, it again takes exepceptional amounts of time
  to really finsih the download...
  It this a known issue?

- When a page has a few animated gifs, firefox also takes all the CPU it can get.
  see for exmaple http://www.sat4all.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=dreambox
  When there are more than 2 animated gifs on the left side of the page cpiu usage
  goes sky high...
  (actually I have this problem with mozilla also, and it was mentioned on the
   list several months ago, but no solution yet...)

Does anyone else experience these issues, or should I file a bugzilla?

Thanks

-Marcel