rawhide report: 20061013 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 12:31:07 UTC 2006

On Monday 16 October 2006 05:46, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Also, no python-virtinst in bugzilla ....
>
> Yup. Seems like a packaging bug where an existing directory is trying
> to get replaced by a symlink or something like that...
>
> The worst part is that pup reports that the update worked, but then
> there is still one updated package marked as available... the same.
>
> Ugly temporary workaround :
> rm -rf /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xeninst*
> (since you'll have some "xeninst;XXX" dirs from the failed updates)

This should only effect rawhide/test installs that had the 'python-xeninst'
package installed.  Since this package was new in FC6 development, we're free
to change the name.  Those upgrading from FC5 won't even get this package,
and fresh installs won't see this problem.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora