*URGENT* Re: Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Alfredo Ferrari list at pceet030.cern.ch
Tue Oct 17 22:18:24 UTC 2006

As I wrote I have hundreds of GB of 1k, ext3, partitions, not only
/boot ones, and we are running FC5 (we need reasonably stable systems) so
knowing the FC6 kernel has been fixed this morning is of no help

               Alfredo

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Till Maas wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 23:34, Alfredo Ferrari wrote:
>
>> our systems (including a 100 CPU cluster) has "ONLY" this minor bug that
>> it can destroy a fair fraction of our filesystems?
>
> I guess it is always only the /boot partition with a 1k block size and it is
> only ext2 not ext3. Afaik this command
> # tune2fs -l /dev/hdd1 | grep has_journal
> produces no output if /dev/hdd1 is an ext2 partition, if you want to test it.
>
> Also the relevant kernel should be fixed. This is how I understand Dave Jones:
>
> "Just to be sure, the fix got checked into the final FC6 kernel this morning."
>
> So there should not be any problem :-)
>
> Regards,
> Till

|  Alfredo Ferrari                         ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119         |
|  C.E.R.N.                                ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555         |
|  European Laboratory for Particle Physics||                                |
|  AB Division / ATB Group                 ||  e-mail:                       |
|  1211 Geneva 23                          ||     Alfredo.Ferrari at cern.ch    |
|  Switzerland                             ||     Alfredo.Ferrari at mi.infn.it |