feedback: fc5 and fc6t3 x86_64

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 19 07:12:48 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Jesse Keating <xxxx> wrote:
> Absolutely not.  An end user's multilib capable machine + OS should install
> the multilib software by default.  An end user shouldn't have to figure out
> how to add it after the fact.  It should Just Work(tm) for the user.  There
> should be no problem with the x86_64 and i386 packages being installed.  If
> there are, like multilib file conflicts, we fix them.

can yum search for foo and if it finds foo-N-N.x86_64.rpm it downloads
it. If not it will download the 32 bit version. However if it finds
foo-N-N.x86_64.rpm it should not download the 32 bit version (to
prevent conflict).

"It should Just Work(tm) for the user"
well my 3 sources have the same problem, and yum update fails each
time. It is not just working for the user.

chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com