Problematic FC-5 kernel update

Dave Goldblatt daveg at psyton.com
Sun Oct 22 18:50:18 UTC 2006

I had a catastrophic ext3 corruption several days after the upgrade, while I
was doing another yum update.  The system was essentially unrecoverable - no
indication of the failure other than a journal error.  Was running 2200smp,
on a raid1/lvm partition.

It had been running for a long time without a hitch (since 2174?).

Wish I had some useful information, but "my system died" didn't seem to be a
useful Bugzilla entry. :-(