yum repos: Metadata file does not match checksum

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:51:17 UTC 2006

Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, sean <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> said:
>> I only see two miirors for x86_64 fc6:
>>
>> http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/development/x86_64/os
>> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/x86_64/os
>>
>> both give the same message. Is my yum config screwed up?
>
> You mention FC6 but gave URLs for development.  Which are you trying to
> access?
>
> My (mirror.hiwaay.net) rawhide sync took a long time today, but it did
> finish just a little while ago.  If you are trying to update a
> development box, you can try again and see what you get.
>
> If there's still a problem, it may be on the master servers (which, if
> that's the case, may be related to the problems Red Hat has been
> having).

I've just install fc6, but looking for the rawhide repository.

I thought that if the mirrors were listed in
mirrors.fedoraproject.org they were sync'd.

In general, is the checksum metadata message always just a
sync problem?  What checksum is being used against the
metadata, one from fedoraproject.org?

BTW, yum upgrade worked just fine this morning.

sean