upgrade fc5 -> fc6: success - make sure you have some disk free!

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 26 21:20:56 UTC 2006

jfontain at free.fr wrote:
> Quoting jfontain at free.fr:
>
>> ... message I am getting while the installer is "checking dependencies in
>> packages selected for installation", which stays at 0%...
>
> Sorry! I spoke too quickly: it's humming along now.
Also, be warned on one of my systems with a whole heap of extras and
other packages installed, It seemed to be installing packages OK and
then said it need 4MB of disk space, and exited.

There was about 900MB free before booting into the upgrade. After
starting in single user and moving about 300M of data from /, and
restarting the upgrade, it was successful.

DaveT.