are you using Fedora in a production environment?

Jancio Wodnik jancio_wodnik at wp.pl
Thu Oct 26 21:53:42 UTC 2006

Max Spevack napisał(a):
> Are you using Fedora in a production or live enviornment?  Are you
> using large deployments of Fedora, in some sort of "critical"
> capacity?  Do you know someone who is, and will you forward this email
> to them?
>
> If you are, I want to hear all about it.  I'm trying to gather data
> for some Fedora myth-busting exercises, and also to inform some of our
> decision making for Fedora 7.
>
> What's your setup like?
>
> What is it about Fedora that made you choose to use it, as opposed to
> something else?
>
> What works well for you?
>
> What could be better?
>
> etc, etc.  Anything you care to share with me.
>
> Reply on-list, reply to me directly, whatever works best for you.
>
> Thanks,
> Max

Hi Max.

I would see in next fedora core good, or very good tools for manage
desktop settings (gnome) for KIOSK mode FC. We have few FC5 in our
metropolitan library and setting any kiosk mode in GNOME is realy pain.
These computers are in use by people from outside to browse web or our
librarys books catalog.

Maybe thre are any tools, about i don't know ... maybe FC6 ist better
for kiosk mode ?

FC is lack of managment tools to manage group of host from one place in
admin deskotp. It's good, when you must manage more than few hosts (For
one clik of mouse i could for examle in group of host change screensaver
or wallpaper or homepage in their webbrowser)
When i could clone desktop settings from one host to another host or
group of host - it's would be for me perferct.

Thanks,

Jancio_Wodnik