renaming of SHA1SUM in iso directory

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 01:05:11 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 17:02, Till Maas wrote:
> It makes it easier to copy the .isos to a directory where already other
> .isos are, e.g. from FC5, because no overwriting or manually renaming of
> the checksum file is required. Or asking the other way round: Why is
> FC-6-i386-DVD.iso not only named DVD.iso?
>
> The .gpg suffix (or .sig/.asc) makes gpg not complain about an unknown
> extension when opening the file with it.

Naming them for the arch I can see as being valid.  As Bill stated
though, .sig or .gpg or .asc makes it sound like something it is not, but if
there is overwhelming desire...

Having the sums in the same name file does make it easy to find/verify, so
there is THAT usability you're risking.  Is it worth it?  I don't know.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora