FC6 - Stock x86_64 stock install, installs about 158 i386/686 rpm's

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 10:51:50 UTC 2006

On Friday 27 October 2006 04:05, Hans de Goede wrote:
> And (gee surprise) even here on the mailing list again noone responded
> to my serious and motivated suggestion, that sucks and leads me to
> believe that rpm (the foundation of our believed distribution) is
> currently an unmaintained piece of crap. Is it really? Does really no
> one care about rpm??

No, it means our rpm maintainer hardly has time to read every message posted
to a very noisy fedora-devel list.  There is a devel list for rpm, there is
bugzilla.  Both are far better avenues than more noise on a very noisy list.

I make it part of my job to keep an eye on a few different Fedora lists,
watching for issues that may effect large amounts of userbase and making sure
we get them fixed or looked at for release blockers.  Its part of my job.
The same cannot be said about other developers within Red Hat.  This is why
things like bugzilla are better since that _is_ part of their job.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora