Video corruption with FC6 on ThinkPad 600X

Chris Schumann chris at idlelion.net
Fri Oct 27 12:32:44 UTC 2006

On my ThinkPad 600X, I did an upgrade install using CDs from FC5 to FC6. Now
the semi-transparent areas on the top and bottom of the screen in Gnome are
garbled. The icons on top of them display fine, but the area behind them
looks like a classic video driver bug.

The menus and icons on the left of the top menu bar are fine, but the icons
on the right of the top bar, and the left part of the bottom bar, both have
the issue.

Video chip is NeoMagic 256ZX with 4MB RAM. (NM2360? driver) Any pointers?

Chris