time to resurrect red hat database?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Oct 31 09:01:30 UTC 2006

Le Mar 31 octobre 2006 04:59, Mitch Skinner a écrit :

> IMHO it makes more sense for RH to focus on the stack as a whole,
> though, rather than just the database.  To bring this back on topic, it
> makes sense for that whole-free-stack integration to get tried out in
> Fedora.  We'll have to wait for free Java, though.

free java is there. What's missing is the JBOSS, Fedora Directory Server,
and other Red Hat groups making good integration in rawhide a priority
(instead of a "nice to have" thing)

Making things easy and convenient to deploy for developpers and sysadmin
beats press releases all the time.

--
Nicolas Mailhot