Compiz not installed by default?

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Mon Oct 2 14:23:41 UTC 2006

Gianluca Sforna wrote:
> On 10/2/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Wouldnt it be better to install Compiz by default in FC6? Installing it
>> offers a nice menu option to enable desktop effects and I wouldnt want
>> this to be obscure.Apparently this is not being done now though I was
>> under the impression it had been.
>
> What???
> I am eagerly waiting for FC6 just for all the *bling* it is supposed
> to bring...
>
> please count this as a +1 to the install by default to compiz

-1 for me, still too many issues.

- is missing many keyboard shortcuts to navigate desktops or manipulate
windows (no 'raise window' shortcut :-( ).
- some apps don't work with it. Thunderbird for example, which is a
show-stopper to me
- only supports linear left/right desktop move ? The "number of rows"
from the Desktop Effects menu seems to create desktops I can't access...