cpu scaling questions

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 19:02:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 12:01 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> It's a bug, but it should be cosmetic only. It's on the TODO, but
> there are a number of other issues in this code that need tackling
> first before it gets clean enough to fix this properly.
> FC6-update/FC7 stuff.

IIRC, SMP cores are scaled together (like Dave said).

On a related note, gnome-power-manager 2.17.1 can control the CPU
scaling (and change policy based on AC and battery, idle or performance
etc), although this is obviously going to have to wait until FC7.

For those more impatient; There is a FC6 rpm in my repo (with the newest
HAL) if you want to give it a try. If it breaks your DUO, you get to
keep both cores. :-)

Richard.