Fedora Core 6 release date slip

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 19:35:13 UTC 2006

We regret to announce a slip of the Fedora Core 6 release schedule.  A few
issues are still present that we would like to see fixed before we release.

- Possible ext3 corruption bug
- Installs with 256megs of ram stall
- Package ordering issues on multilib platforms (x86_64, ppc64)
- SELinux issue with updating kernels on ppc platforms
- iscsi based installations not functional

There are obviously other issues and bugs still open, but these are the ones
that are really "blocking" the release.  To give enough time to fix these
issues, we've extended the release date 6 days to Tuesday, Oct 17th.  Freezes
are still in place (even more so now).  Your extra careful testing of rawhide
over the next few days would greatly be appreciated.

Keep an eye on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule for any changes.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora