Iceweasel

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Oct 12 13:49:41 UTC 2006

tor, 12 10 2006 kl. 11:04 +0200, skrev Emmanuel Seyman:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 10:45:34AM +0200, Joachim Frieben wrote:
> >
> > I have been using "epiphany" as my default browser for more than 2 years,
> > and I really wonder why the standard "GNOME" web browser still isn't
> > installed as the default application.
>
> When all this Iceweasel debate exploded, I decided to give Epiphany
> another shot. I've been using it as my default browser for the last
> three weeks now and I've been very impressed. It needs a few more
> extensions and I'll keep using Firefox for web developpement but
> Epiphany is much better integrated and easier to use than in the Gnome
> desktop than Firefox.
>
> +1 for me.

As a long time Epiphany user I would love to see it as the default
browser, with the extensions pack you even get all the nice little
things like adblocking (okay currently not compiled by default but
that's an rpmbuild away)

+1 from me as well

> > No need to include "firefox" in the base install. It could (should) even be
> > moved to "extras" then.
>
> +1 again.

Once XULRunner is ready firefox would just just another UI for the
engine, it could easily be moved to Extras. However as it stands right
now we need it in Core because half the desktop depends on it for gecko.

-1 now, +1 post XULRunner

- David