Firefox trademark shenanigans (Re: Any chance of getting Firefox 2.0 into rawhide/FC6?)

Evandro Fernandes Giovanini efgiovanini at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 01:32:15 UTC 2006

Em Sáb, 2006-10-14 às 05:19 +0530, Rahul Sundaram escreveu:
> If you have more specific information about the
> kind of licenses for logos which would allow to protect trademarks while
> allowing free modifications, I would interested to know that.

IANAL; I'm not sure releasing a file (a png for example) under the GPL
gives away your right to protect the trademark. This is what Larry
Rosen's comment on that linux.com article seems to imply.

> All of the open source projects that I know of which care about
> trademarks has a restrictive copyright license on the logo.

Of the thousands of free software projects distributed by Debian I'm not
aware of any other with similar problems.

Cheers,
Evandro