ati driver question

bikehead bikehead at amberpoint.com
Sun Oct 15 16:32:34 UTC 2006

I have been testing the xorg-X11-drv-ati driver with my T42p with much
success (I don't see the random lockups others have been reporting).  I
have used desktop-effects with good success too.  However when I try it
with 3d games like bzflag or foobilard it doesn't work.

What is the state of the radeon drivers with respect to 3d?  Is it a bug
if I get messages like the following:

    [bikehead at porco ~]$ bzflag
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
    File r300_render.c function r300Fallback line 422
    Software fallback:ctx->Polygon.StippleFlag
    Try R300_SPAN_DISABLE_LOCKING env var if this hangs.

or is the normal state of affairs?

Thanks.

--
   __o    Brian "la lumaca"