Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 02:01:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 01:49:06AM +0000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
 > Dave Jones <davej <at> redhat.com> writes:
 >
 > > So unless you're manually making 1K filesystems with mkfs, you wouldn't
 > > have been bitten by this.  Just to be sure, the fix got checked into the
 > > final FC6 kernel this morning.
 >
 > Got a /boot with 1 kB block size on one machine and on another a file system
 > with 2 kB block size. Looking forward to the fixed kernel.

Interesting. Did anaconda make those that way for you, or did you do that
by hand somehow?

 > To be sure to be sure :-)

I'll be amazed if you manage to hit this bug in that scenario.
After booting, /boot is rarely read again, and this needs gigs and gigs of I/O.
It took several hours to trigger on my test box with really fast disks.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk