xorg-x11-drv-1.4.2-2.1.fc6 in FC6

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 21:36:04 UTC 2006

ronald wrote:

> - aiglx works, but cuts the display, menuebar, etc. at the half of the
> screen

This should just be an artifact of the maximum texture size.  I think
all Matrox cards we support DRI on have a hardware coordinate limit of
2048x2048 for textures, but usually don't have sufficient video memory
for that.  G200 in particular I would expect to not have enough memory
for a 2k square texture.

In principle they can all texture from AGP memory anyway so bumping your
GART size should be good enough; I don't recall if the drivers implement
that though.