*URGENT* Re: Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Oct 17 22:08:38 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 23:34, Alfredo Ferrari wrote:

> our systems (including a 100 CPU cluster) has "ONLY" this minor bug that
> it can destroy a fair fraction of our filesystems?

I guess it is always only the /boot partition with a 1k block size and it is
only ext2 not ext3. Afaik this command
# tune2fs -l /dev/hdd1 | grep has_journal
produces no output if /dev/hdd1 is an ext2 partition, if you want to test it.

Also the relevant kernel should be fixed. This is how I understand Dave Jones:

"Just to be sure, the fix got checked into the final FC6 kernel this morning."

So there should not be any problem :-)

Regards,
Till