*URGENT* Re: Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 13:17:11 UTC 2006

On 18/10/06, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> Let me be perfectly clear here:
>
> FEDORA IS NOT A BETA OF RHEL!!!!!!

I think people using Fedora and in anyway involved with it see it that
way. However,
the CTO of Red Hat doesn't see things that way:

Specifically:
"We're convinced that there is a better way to develop software, so
what we did is we blew up the notion of an Alpha and we use Fedora as
an alpha."

and

"FC 5 and FC6 constituted the role of an alpha and now we're going
right to Beta 1 in a few weeks."

I think these quotes don't reflect reality, but it's a very very
unfortunate thing to have said - quite damaging to the perception if
the project, I think.

Jonathan.