Driver disks for FC6

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:34:13 UTC 2006

Is there a driver disk for FC6 example anywhere?
The driver disk layout changed a few revisions ago and I had a lot of
trouble building one for FC5.  Now that FC6 has come around I'd like
to avoid pulling my hair out again.

I need to make a disk for the Arcea driver, arcmsr, which has finally
gone into the upstream kernel (as of 2.6.19-pre1). Hopefully FC6 will
upgrade to a kernel containing this driver soon, but to get it
installed, I'll need to make a disk.  It looks like compiling the
driver outside of the tree against the kernel in FC6 shouldn't be
hard... but I'm worried about figuring out the driver disk layout all
over again. ... (well that and finding a working floppy disk drive..
ugh)