Fedora Core 7 and KDE

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 11:43:47 UTC 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 07:20, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Community interest != maintainers != DE capable maintainers.
> KDE is not just a small package - it's a huge complex entity that can
> batman cry like a 2 y/o baby with a stinky diaper. (.... Baah! building
> kdebinding RPMs on x86_64 is a good example)

Also keep in mind that Community doesn't have to mean not Red Hat.  Red Hat
has a vested interest in KDE, we continue to have to ship it for our RHEL
product line.  I highly doubt we would allow it to languish should the Extras
contributor vanish.  It may not get as much love or as much attention, but it
will be there and functional, and ready for anybody else who wants to improve
it.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora