are you using Fedora in a production environment?

Oisin Feeley oisin.feeley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 23:18:42 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06, Jancio Wodnik <jancio_wodnik at wp.pl> wrote:
[snip]

> FC is lack of managment tools to manage group of host from one place in
> admin deskotp. It's good, when you must manage more than few hosts (For
> one clik of mouse i could for examle in group of host change screensaver
> or wallpaper or homepage in their webbrowser)
> When i could clone desktop settings from one host to another host or
> group of host - it's would be for me perferct.

I think the Sabayon guys are aware of that and are working on it:

"11.  The profile can then be distributed to computer(s) and applied
to the relevant user's homedirs. We haven't started working on the
mechanisms for this yet, Sabayon is the first piece in a bigger
framework. For example, once we get the Netscape directory server code
released and have a robust free ldap server, we can potentially host
e.g. the GConf settings there and push to the server instead of
applying bits to actual hard drives (or NFS shares)"

http://www.gnome.org/~seth/blog/sabayon

Oisin Feeley