FC2 -> FC4

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 28 14:39:18 UTC 2006

Michael Weiner wrote:
> I am sure this question has been asked a few times, and after googling i
> see steps from 2->3 but i am interested in knowing if anyone has
> upgraded FC2 boxes directly to FC4 (without the interim FC3 step)? If
> you have, what were your experiences and what did you have to struggle
> with in order to make this work?
>
> Thanks in advance, and i apologize for raising an older topic. Normally
> i go release to next release but i have the need to skip 3.
>
> Michael Weiner

This is offlist for a development list. Two things though

* There is no updates currently provided for Fedora Core 4. You should
move up higher to Fedora Core 5 or Fedora Core 6.

* It would be better to backup and do a fresh installation for a major
jump like this but if you insist on a yum upgrade, refer to

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

Rahul