Freezes: "Dazed and confused, but trying to continue" ....

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 17:27:40 UTC 2006

After reverting yesterday's glibc packages, I noticed my system
freezing after several hours of "mostly idle" (actually, only azureus
active).

After the last one, I noticed the following in /var/log/messages:

Oct 28 19:17:22 localhost kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and
confused, but trying to continue
Oct 28 19:17:22 localhost kernel: You probably have a hardware problem
with your RAM chips

I ran memtest86+ for about 14 hours, but detected nothing.

This is running on 4 week old Thinkpad X60.

Any thoughts?

tom
--
Tom London